Stress management – 5 Ways to Prevent & Relieve Stress
What is Stress?
Stress is part and parcel of everyday life as we deal with challenges posed by work, family commitments, social relationships and financial obligations. The most dangerous aspect of stress is how easily it can creep up on you. You think that you got used to it. It may start to feel familiar, or even very normal. If you often feel frazzled and overwhelmed, it is time to take action to bring your physical and mental health back on track.
- Eat healthy and well-balanced meals
- Make time for interests, hobbies, and relaxation.
- Seek out social support. Spend enough time with those your loved ones.
- Plan your time carefully – Prioritise your outstanding tasks and start with the more important ones first.
- Get enough rest and sleep. Your body needs time to recover from stressful events.
- Exercise regularly. Your body can fight stress better when your body is fit.
- Never rely on drugs, alcohol or compulsive behaviors to reduce your stress.
- Accept that there are events that you cannot control.
- Cultivate a circle of friends and family members with whom you can share your problems openly and frankly
- Learn and practice relaxation techniques; try yoga, meditation, or tai-chi for anger and stress management.
- Keep a positive attitude